The membership of ISHAM comprises individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds, including clinicians, veterinarians, biochemists, molecular biologists, immunologists, botanists, pathologists and laboratory technologists. Its activities are governed by an elected Council, comprised of President, President-Elect, General Secretary, Treasurer and five Vice Presidents. The Chief Editors of the Society's journals are also council members. The officers of ISHAM are all volunteers who recieve no payment for their services.
Why become a member of ISHAM?
- Access to the journal “Medical Mycology”, including issues dating back to volume 1.
- Free Thesis service.
- Free download of Dr. David Ellis’ illustrated book on fungi.
- Free publication in the journal Medical Mycology and no authors’ fees during 2012 for publication in Medical Mycology Case Reports.
- Regular access to books at reduced costs.
- Regular access to recent postings of open professional positions.
- Regular access to ISHAM News with its detailed information on diverse matters of interest to members, including announcements and agendas of congresses, courses and workshops.
- Unlimited membership in the 23 ISHAM Working Groups providing networking opportunities and detailed information on dedicated workshops related to your areas of interest.
- Financial and mentor support in the event that you attempt to initiate a working group.
- Opportunities to publicize, at no cost, your own meetings and courses via ISHAM News.
- Reduced fees for your participation in ISHAM congresses.
- Assistance in developing and conducting your educational activities.
- Free access to a Discussion Forum to exchange information pertaining to research data and case report.
- Free access to the section on Essential Reviews and Guidelines.
- Free access to a section on standard Protocols of use in conducting your research and clinical activities.
- If you are 40 years old or younger, you may also join Young-ISHAM, where a team of young mycologists understand your problems and will assist you in addressing a diverse array of topics wherever needed.
Work on your career and join the international network of ISHAM!
Includes online subscription and printed issues to current and former issues of Medical Mycology (8 issues per year).
Includes online subscription to current and former issues of Medical Mycology (8 issues per year).
Young ISHAM membership for persons under 40 years only. Includes online subscription to current and former issues of Medical Mycology (8 issues per year).